Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Behind the Pixels - The Journey

I can't believe it was already a year ago, when we closed the crowdfunding campaign of my tutorial artbook Behind the Pixels. When I first came up with the idea of the book I couldn`t possibly imagine that so many people would stand behind the idea.
After loads of work, what I was doing after my regular working hours (doing 18-20 hour days, seven days a week for months) the book become reality. Although I had lots of struggles with the logistics and shipping, I am proud that we shipped all books to our supporters by now and the book is finally available through BehindthePixels.net.

Its a great feeling to read the feedback of the readers and it's fantastic that I could give back a little to this supportive community. Without you guys I would be nowhere and I definitely wouldn`t do what I am doing. I just wanted to thank you for your continuos support and for all my contributing artist friends who were kind enough to join this journey from the beginning. :)

Here is what people say about the book:


"I have just started reading it but it has to be one of the best books written on the concept production process that I have seen. Lots of great examples, tutorials and even related online content. Amazing!!" - Jon Schindehette

"If there is indeed an artbook I expected to firm up, it's that one. With a fully assembled content by Mark Molnar this book could only announce grandiose.
To conclude on this artbook, or rather artistic book, I would say the quality is really good, both from the content and support point of view. I do not regret at all being a backer and helping this artist, who was able to provide not only a monster job with the book, but also collect works from several other talented designers."
- The Art of Artbooks

"Got mine and am deliriously happy with it! It is one of the best art books money can buy! It is even going on holiday with me along with pencils and sketchbooks."
- Graham Nightingale

"Finally got mine in Australia! It's very informative and inspiring - feeling like picking up the pencil again!"
- Adam Brice

"I just bought this yesterday, but what I've seen so far looks awesome!"
- Joao Palva

"Thank you from France, your art is my reference to progress in mine! The book is just perfect, congratulations!"
- R.H.

"Arrived today, well worth the wait and so pleased I backed it!"
- Paul Blake


No comments: